Sunday, August 5, 2012

A picture's worth a thousand words...

So...sometimes it's hard to really find the right words to express one's experiences here in Korea. The following pictures depict priceless moments experienced by many "way-gooks" who find themselves living in the grand country of South Korea. Thanks and props to the original blogger who put these pics together.



Most common reaction when I told people I was moving to Korea…
image



When people back home asked me if I was moving to North or South Korea…
image
Really....






Going to the bus terminal…
Every time I’m at the platform it’s just like….
image



Korea’s obsession with Angry Birds..
I’m just like….

image



Shopping for fruit in Korea
Every time I see the prices.. I’m like…

image



When I go to a coffee shop and try to modify a drink..
but the baristas just look at me like..

image



First time riding the KTX

image



When people tell me they’ve had good mexican food here..
I’m like…

image




When I walk down the street and suddenly there’s a random awful smell
every time I’m like…

image


When an adjuma pushes me on the subway…..
I’m just like…
image



That awesome moment when you read something in 한글 and understand it..
It’s just like..

image



First time going to a restaurant with a server button on the table……
I just went…..

image




Double Dipping
Back home I’m like…..

image

But in Korea I just grab my chopsticks and start….

image




When I see/hear someone spitting in public…..
I just look over at the person like…

image



Washing your clothes…..
At home it’s like…

image


But in Korea you pull your clothes out of the washer and it’s just like….

image



When I’m out for a hike and come across one of the outdoor fitness stations..
i just run over and start….

image





Shopping for clothes in Korea
When you go in to the fitting room and it’s just like…

image



Crossing the street in Korea
 Sometimes it’s just like..

image




When I’m out in public and I hear people speaking English..

image




When someone told me you’re not supposed to flush toilet paper here..
image



When I wire money home and I see the final amount after the exchange rate..
I just look and go…

image



When a nice Korean is trying to give me directions and they don’t speak any English
I just look at them like….

image

But then after they leave, I turn to my friends go….

image




Waiting in line for the bus…
What should happen….

image

When in reality it’s just….

image




Hope you enjoyed. Being here in Korea has been a blast. Creating all kinds of wonderful and interesting memories...






























No comments:

Post a Comment